Royal Enfield Shotgun 650: All You Need to Know About the Upcoming Bobber
The Royal Enfield Shotgun 650 is an eagerly awaited addition to the Royal Enfield lineup. This upcoming bobber is set to make waves in the motorcycle industry with its powerful performance, classic design, and modern features. In this article, we will delve into the key details of the Royal Enfield Shotgun 650, including its on-road price, features, and specifications.
With three premium models– Interceptor, Continental GT and Continental GT— already on sale– Royal Enfield is further expanding its flagship 650cc lineup. The next in line is the Shotgun 650.
First introduced as the pre-production concept SG650 at EICMA 2023, the Shotgun made its maiden appearance as a fully production model at the recently concluded Royal Enfield Motoverse. Last week, Royal Enfield officially unveiled the Shotgun 650 for the global markets. Ahead of its launch, expected early next year, let us look at all major highlights from Royal Enfield’s upcoming 650cc bobber.
Royal Enfield Shotgun 650: Design
Shotgun 650 has retained most of its styling elements from the SG 650 concept with a contemporary bobber styling. It gets signature Royal Enfield elements such as a round headlamp, circular turn indicators, a teardrop shaped fuel tank, minimal side panels, thick front forks, and twin peashooter exhaust mufflers. Enfield says its modular design lets it transform from a classic single-seater to a dual-seater.
The on-road price of the Royal Enfield Shotgun 650 may vary depending on the location and applicable taxes. However, based on current estimates, the starting price is expected to be around $8,000. It is important to note that this price is subject to change, and potential buyers are advised to check with local dealerships for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
The Royal Enfield Shotgun 650 boasts a range of features that combine both style and functionality. Here are some notable features:
- Design: The Shotgun 650 features a classic bobber design with a low-slung stance, wide handlebars, and a single seat. Its retro-inspired aesthetic is complemented by modern touches, making it a head-turner on the road.
- Engine: Powered by a 650cc parallel-twin engine, the Shotgun 650 delivers impressive performance and a smooth ride. With a maximum power output of around 47 horsepower, this bobber is designed for both city cruising and highway adventures.
- Technology: The Shotgun 650 comes equipped with a range of modern technologies, including LED lighting, a fully digital instrument cluster, and dual-channel ABS for enhanced safety.
- Comfort: The bike features a relaxed riding position, ensuring a comfortable experience for both rider and pillion. The ergonomics are designed to provide a balance between control and comfort, making it suitable for long rides.
- Exhaust Note: The Shotgun 650 is expected to have a distinctive exhaust note, adding to the overall riding experience and capturing the essence of a true bobber.
The specifications of the Royal Enfield Shotgun 650 are as follows:
- Engine: 650cc parallel-twin engine
- Maximum Power: Approximately 47 horsepower
- Transmission: 6-speed gearbox
- Suspension: Telescopic front forks and twin shock absorbers at the rear
- Brakes: Disc brakes at both the front and rear, with dual-channel ABS
- Tire Size: Front: 100/90-19, Rear: 130/70-18
- Fuel Capacity: Approximately 13 litres
- Weight: Around 200 kilograms (estimated)
The Royal Enfield Shotgun 650 is set to be a game-changer in the bobber segment. With its classic design, powerful performance, and modern features, it is sure to attract motorcycle enthusiasts looking for a unique riding experience. While the on-road price may vary, the Shotgun 650 promises to be a worthy investment for those seeking a blend of style and functionality. Whether you’re a fan of Royal Enfield or a newcomer to the brand, the Shotgun 650 is definitely worth considering.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is based on preliminary details available at the time of writing. It is advisable to consult official Royal Enfield sources and local dealerships for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the Royal Enfield Shotgun 650.